Some Things to Know About Gambling
- Gambling addiction is a disease which can affect anyone, but doesn’t affect everyone
- People with a gambling problem may spend money they can’t afford to lose
- People with gambling problems might spend excessive amounts of time gambling
- A gambling problem can harm more than just your finances – it can cause problems with family, friends, work/school or even hobbies
- Gambling addiction is a devastating, but treatable disease2
Why do I Gamble?
If gambling has stopped being fun or started to cause you problems, you may asked yourself, “Why do I gamble?”1 Most people who have problems with gambling say they gamble for one of two primary reasons:
- For excitement/challenge
- To “zone out” and numb bad feelings such as sadness, loneliness, anxiety or fear1
Gambling can be a great form of entertainment, but it can also lead to serious problems. If your gambling has caused you problems, now is the time to take back control of your life and help yourself get on the road to recovery!